Tiger Woods of the United States looks along the third fairway during the final round of the British Open Golf Championship at Muirfield, Scotland, Sunday July 21, 2013. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)
• Don’t quote me on this, not that it matters, but it is in fact possible that Tiger Woods doesn’t win another major. Not likely, but possible. But this is “The Finish Line” where in the end all that matters is the truth, whether it hurts or not . . . and the truth is . . . Tiger may be finished!
• The Pirates drop 2 out of 3 to the Reds this weekend. A couple good reasons. On the road, still have to wake up the bats and the Reds might be just a little hungrier being behind by two games.
• Bad news . . . summer is halfway over. Good news . . . Steeler training camp starts next week. A 10 and 6 season is not out of the question. Matter of fact, let’s go with that.
New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter throws before a baseball game against the Boston Red Sox in Boston, Saturday, July 20, 2013. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer)
• Derek Jeter, the New York Yankees Hall of Fame legend is simply going through what all men go through. It’s called “Karma” baby. Hey, “D.J.” remember the five or ten women you kicked to the curb along the way to superstar status? That’s why you keep getting injured. Don’t fight it Brother, just go with it. We’ve all been there!
• So you think LeBron would never re-sign with Cleveland . . . and you probably think that “D” Wade, Ray Allen and Chris Bosh will play at this level forever, to which I suppose you think Cleveland signed Andrew Bynum because they had nothing better to do with their money. Wait . . . wait . . . wait and on top of all that, you truly believe LeBron James has no interest in setting it straight with his “Home Town” and bringing Cleveland its first ever world title in any sport?!?! Well if you believe all that, you probably believe that I’ll be waiting for you at your house when you get home with Halle Berry and Jennifer Lopez along with your favorite meal, CD, DVD, wine and a cool million in cash . . . huh? Look up my friend and see The Finish Line!
Gabrielle Union, left, and Dwyane Wade, center, LeBron James and Savannah Brinson are seen in the audience at the ESPY Awards on Wednesday, July 17, 2013, at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP)