After an embarrassing collapse last week against the previously winless Buccaneers, the Steelers travel to Jacksonville to take on another winless team. Will they fail to put away another weaker opponent or will they actually step up and take control of this game?
You never know who’s going to show up so anything can certainly happen. So far, through the first quarter of the season, the black and gold have been anything but impressive. They are in the midst of the weakest part of their schedule so it’s time to start winning ball games.
Here are the Keys to A Steelers Victory:
- They need to eliminate the penalties. The 15 yard penalties have been out of control and it’s a sure fire way to lose a game against an inferior opponent, as the team proved last week.
- The offensive line better protect Ben. Pretty straight and simple. Without giving him protection, the team won’t be able to move the ball.
- The defense needs to stop crucial drives. Whenever they need to get the job done, the defense seems to fail. They need to step up on key 3rd downs and key drives, period.
- Blake Bortles is an x factor. The rookie QB has played pretty well since joining the starting lineup. Traditionally the Steelers D handles rookie QB’s. Can they continue to do so? They need to get to him early and often.
Here are a Few Things to Watch:
- Cortez Allen-He’s the teams’ number one cornerback right now and he needs to start playing like one. Can he show us what the Steelers seem to see in him? So far that contract extension doesn’t look justified.
- Mike Tomlin-What will he do if and when the team starts getting penalized? Will he sit there with no e emotion or will he finally step up and do something about it?
- Antonio Brown-He’s run his streak of games with at least 5 catches and 50 yards to 20 straight, expect that to get to 21.
- The Defense in General-Can they get to the qb and apply pressure? Can they cause the necessary turnovers? Can they get off the field when necessary?