The Steelers have been on quite a roll here in the last three weeks, winning three straight games and seeing their offense explode. If Big Ben plays like this the rest of the year, he’ll be staring at an MVP award. Now they face a horrible NY Jets team that screams of a let down game. The black and gold typically play to the level of their competition so while this game looks like a guaranteed win, we can’t assume anything just yet. Any given Sunday…
Here are the Keys to A Steelers Victory:
- The coaches can’t let the team look past this game. If they black and gold find themselves assuming a win, they’ll have a long day.
- The defense needs to continue to get pressure on the QB, in this case Mike Vick. When they get pressure, they are forcing turnovers, which is resulting in great field position for the offense and demoralizing the opposition at the same time.
- They need to stay healthy. It seems so simple but if they keep dropping more and more guys, their lack of depth will rear its ugly head and that will cause problems.
- They can’t let the Jets hang around. The worst thing you can do when playing a bad team is let them hang around too long and they begin to believe they have a chance. That’s exactly how the Steelers lost to Tampa earlier this year.
Here are a Few Things to Watch:
- Big Ben-How can I take him off this list after the last two weeks? Can he throw another six TD’s?
- Antonio Brown-He’s one of the best receivers in football and he proves it each and every week.
- Will Allen-He’s playing for the injured Troy Polamalu. How will he do?
- The offense-How will they attack the Jets D? The last two weeks have been nothing short of amazing. Will they continue that level of play?