The Steelers are on the verge of clinching a playoff berth and they can do so on Sunday if they beat a tough Kansas City team and receive a little bit of help at the same time. Though if they lose, they’ll be in a heap of trouble as far as making it so this is about as big of a regular season game as there is.
Will they remain on a roll or will they fall short? As we’ve learned with the black and gold this season, you never know who’s going to show up.
Here are the Keys to A Steelers Victory:
• The Chiefs rely heavily on Jamaal Charles and Knile Davis in the ground game and the black and gold will need to find a way to stop those guys at the line of scrimmage. If they allow them to break off big runs, the play action game will open up for Alex Smith and that could become an issue.
2. The offensive line must stop linebacker Justin Houston who has 17 sacks this season and is a real threat to disrupt the Steelers air attack.
3. The coaches need to be prepared to make adjustments. Fourteen games into the season, they still haven’t proven they are capable of doing so. Andy Reid is a great coach and he will coach circles around Tomlin and company if they don’t adjust.
4. The team should ride LeVeon Bell as much as they can. He’s been a workhorse this season and there is no reason to get away from that now. Ride Bell all the way.
Here are a Few Things to Watch:
• Jason Worilds-He played a lot better against the Falcons and could be hitting a stride at the right time. Will he cause havoc like he’s capable of doing?
2. Heath Miller-With the pass rush the Chiefs have, Miller may be a key to moving the ball in the air. Big Ben may not have enough time to get the ball out to Antonio Brown or the others so Miller must get his hands on the ball in the short passing game.
3. Troy Polamalu-He hasn’t been the Troy of old but does he have enough motivation and gas in the tank to help push the black and gold back into the playoffs in what very well could be his final season.
4. William Gay-He’s stepped into the role as number one corner on this team, can he keep up that high level of play?
Mike Pelaia hosts the website Steel Nation Association www.steelnationassociation.com- Covering the Steelers and helping Children’s Hospital All Day Everyday. You can e-mail him at email@example.com.