COMPASS AMERICORPS MEMBERS NEEDED FOR 2020-21 SERVICE YEAR
Compass AmeriCorps members provide full-time social services support and English language instruction to newly resettled immigrants in Allegheny County. Benefits include a living allowance, healthcare benefits, and an educational award for college. Learn new skills, meet new people, and receive professional and personal development opportunities. The service year runs from September to July, and members serve 1700 hours over 11 months. For details and how to apply, visit www.compassamericorps.org.
Director – Legal & Consulting Services
Port Authority is seeking a Director – Legal & Consulting Services to manage the functions and day-to-day operation of the Legal and Consulting Services Department. Represent and supervise Department attorneys representing Port Authority in litigation, procurement, and real estate matters, and participate with Chief Legal Officer in supervision of Department attorneys representing Port Authority in employment/human resources, tort/litigation, RTK and various other matters. Supervise Department attorneys and staff on completion of assignments in all areas of Authority business and governance. Oversees work product of outside counsel on assigned matters. In coordination with Chief Legal Officer, set annual and long-term Department and Department personnel goals and objectives. Assist Chief Legal Officer with Legal Department budgeting and financial performance matters, as needed.
- Supervises Port Authority’s Legal and Consulting Services Department attorneys and other staff, which includes day-to-day oversight, annual performance evaluations and ensuring attorneys and staff attend required continuing professional education and other internal and external training and professional development programs and courses.
- Represent and supervise Department attorneys in representation of Port Authority in litigation matters in state and federal courts and administrative agencies and bodies.
- Assigns and supervises Department attorneys and outside counsel (with input from Chief Legal Officer on significant outside counsel assignments) to legal matters and cases, including monitoring of case or assignment through review, strategic planning and completion.
- Coordinates and supervises the efforts of Port Authority in matters requiring legal expertise.
Job requirements include:
- Degree of Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and member in good standing of the Pennsylvania Bar.
- Valid license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Admission to the courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Minimum of seven (7) years supervisory and practical experience in handling litigation and transactional matters and supervising other legal personnel in completion of same.
- Ability to review and analyze outside counsel and other legal fees incurred by Port Authority.
- Demonstrated knowledge of government contract and procurement law and Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know Law, with at least five (5) years of experience handling such or similar municipal legal matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate law, including zoning, land use and/or negotiation of right-of-way related agreements (licenses, easements, purchase and sale agreements, etc.), with at least five (5) years of experience handling such or similar municipal legal matters.
- General knowledge of tort and employment/Section 1983 law, with ability to supervise Department attorneys and outside counsel specialized in handling such matters.
- General knowledge of insurance and re-insurance processes and procedures, including demonstrated ability to supervise internal Insurance Administrator/Risk Manager and work directly with insurance brokers and carriers.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Word, Windows, Office, Teams, Outlook and Westlaw/LexisNexis or similar legal research programs or applications.
- Effective and professional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in an in-house legal department for a Pennsylvania government agency, public transit agency and/or private transportation company, or similar experience serving as outside legal counsel for these types of entities.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
Latin American Studies Association, Inc. seeks a Staff Translator to work in Pittsburgh, PA and be responsible for the interpretation and translation (from Spanish, Portuguese and French to English, and vice versa) of all educational and administrative materials produced by the organization. Must be fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, English, and French and have (cumulatively) one year of experience translating legal and commercial documents. Email resumes to email@example.com attention: Milagros Pereyra, Executive Director
West Penn Allegheny Health System, Inc. seeks a Developer to work in Pittsburgh, PA, to work with Business Intelligence and healthcare professionals to gather, organize, and present data to users. Will present meaningful analytics to the business in non-technical terms and formats as well as create basic and ad hoc reporting for users as well as train users on software and assist users with advanced reporting. Apply at http://www.ahn.org/careers.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER – DATA WAREHOUSING
West Penn Allegheny Health System, Inc. seeks a Business Intelligence Developer – Data Warehousing to work in Pittsburgh, PA, with Business Intelligence and healthcare professionals to gather, organize, and present data to users. Must also have Epic BI Data Model Certifications. Must be able to work shifts between 6:30am and 7:00pm M-F as well as 8am-4:30pm Sat/Sun. Apply at http://www.ahn.org/careers.
Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S)
is a comprehensive domestic violence program. WC&S is hiring a Paralegal to provide general assistance to attorneys in the Civil Law Project (CLP) as they represent clients in cases involving intimate partner violence. WC&S is also hiring a Children’s Advocate to provide childcare, direct service, and advocacy to children whose mothers are utilizing WC&S services. WC&S offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Go to wcscanhelp.org for full job postings. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2021.
Brand Engagement Manager
4moms is looking to hire a Brand Engagement Manager to manage and foster our growing communities, which include our social followers, hospital partners, donation recipients, VIP members, and influencers. We’re looking for someone who is passionate and excited for all things baby, as this important role will serve as the voice of the brand online and will be responsible for cultivating brand affinity within our communities. 4moms team members enjoy a very competitive benefits package that includes competitive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K) with company match, open paid time off, and an open & casual work environment. The complete job description, along with our online application can be found at www.4moms.com/careers.
The 4moms Finance Team is looking to add an Accounting Manager to our team. This newly created role will be responsible for managing the company’s accounting activities within a rapidly growing company. The best candidate for the position will be energetic, organized, a self-starter, deadline-driven, a multi-tasking expert, and have a broad understanding of accounting functions. The candidate will be well versed in various functions such as the monthly close process, accounting operations, inventory standard costs, process improvement, etc. This candidate should have the ability to work independently but also thrive in a dynamic and close-knit team environment. 4moms team members enjoy a very competitive benefits package that includes competitive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K) with company match, open paid time off, and an open & casual work environment. The complete job description, along with our online application can be found at www.4moms.com/careers.
Director of Finance
Focus on Renewal in McKees Rocks, PA is seeking a Director of Finance to oversee all financial aspects of the business and drive financial strategy and planning. This leader must have a broad knowledge of accounting and financial/business principles; be a strategic thinker and effective leader; and will be responsible for the financial viability of the organization. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; CPA preferred
- Minimum of five years of managerial accounting and financial management experience
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Proficient in the use of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and be able to provide all necessary clearances (Act 33 and Act 34)
Minimum compensation is $60,000. Forward a resume to email@example.com.
Strong knowledge in administrating budgets, grants, funding contracts, auditing, and financial reports. BSBA with Accounting/Finance major-MBA desirable. Mgmt exp. of 10+ years. Details at www.spcregion.org.
Food Services Employee
Permanent, part-time positions available in the Fox Chapel Area School District. Pay rate is $10.51 per hour. Must have/obtain current PA Child Abuse History, PA Criminal Record Check, and PA Dept. of Education FBI Background Check. Apply through our online application system using the following link: https://www.applitrack.com/fcasd/onlineapp/ If you have any questions, please contact Julie Geary, Food Services Manager, at 412-967-2502.
South Fayette Twp.
is seeking the following positions for the 2021-2022 school year
Anticipated-High School Counselor
Anticipated-Elementary School Counselor
Complete job descriptions and directions on how to apply are available at:
Deadline 4:00 PM May 6, 2021, or until positions are filled
Seneca Valley School District
Anticipated full-time elementary, special education, and secondary teaching positions for the 2021-22 school year: If interested, submit required information to www.svsd.net/Employment. Seneca Valley is committed to diversity in the workplace.