MEMBERS NEEDED FOR
2020-21 SERVICE YEAR
Compass AmeriCorps members provide full-time social services support and English language instruction to newly resettled immigrants in Allegheny County. Benefits include a living allowance, healthcare benefits, and an educational award for college. Learn new skills, meet new people, and receive professional and personal development opportunities. The service year runs from September to July, and members serve 1700 hours over 11 months. For details and how to apply, visit www.compassamericorps.org.
Responsible for providing general administrative support to the curatorial department and assisting in the smooth operation of departmental activities.
Hours: Flexible, 5 days per week, 9:00 – 5:00, occasional evening/weekend work
Reports to: Curator
Position Status: Full-time salaried, non-exempt
- Commitment to fostering a workplace culture of equity and inclusion.
- Correspondence, record keeping, budget maintenance, invoice
processing, scheduling, and other general administrative duties to support the curatorial department.
- Coordinate research requests and respond to routine inquiries.
- Manage rights and reproduction requests for images related to the collection and departmental photo library.
- Maintains the departmental reference and periodical library.
- Act as recording secretary and coordinator of Collections and Exhibitions Committee meetings as well as other meetings as assigned.
- Develop competency with collections database and assist with data entry and other clerical tasks related to the database as needed.
- Assist curatorial staff in documentation and cataloguing of museum artifacts, including location changes, and other data entry.
- May assist with general research related to collections and exhibitions.
- Maintain exhibition history database, and other departmental records.
- Other duties as requested by management.
- BA strongly preferred, degree in Art History, Fine Arts, Museum Studies, History, Library Science, or related field.
- Excellent planning, communication, and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and work in a deadline-sensitive environment
- Windows computer experience essential. Proficiency in Excel, Publisher, Photoshop, Filemaker Pro, Adobe Acrobat, and database management desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with both colleagues and visitors.
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Clearance of a criminal background check
The Frick Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to fostering a workplace culture of accessibility, inclusion, diversity, and racial equality and urges all qualified diverse applicants to apply.
Salary: $26,000-$32,000/year, based on experience
Learning Enrollment and Placement Coordinator Position
Our English Language Learning (ELL) Enrollment and Placement Coordinator is responsible for leading Literacy Pittsburgh’s ELL enrollment, and placement process for the downtown center. The position coordinates classroom-based services for students to create better lives through learning. The coordinator works with the ELL team to ensure that the enrollment, testing, and placement process is a high-quality experience for students. For more information follow this link:
Our Digital Skills Instructor is responsible for leading Literacy Pittsburgh digital skills classes as assigned utilizing the Northstar
curriculum and working in support of agency priorities. The Digital Skills Instructor ensures a high-quality experience for students by providing excellent student instruction and support to advance student learning and goal attainment. For more information follow this link: https://www.literacypittsburgh.org/digital-skills-instructor/
Seneca Valley School
District – Director of
Diversity, Equity and
Seneca Valley School District is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This person will assist,support and monitor programs, procedures, policies and processes that promote and sustain equity, inclusiveness and diversity throughout the district. This position will provide leadership for the professional growth and development of all district personnel as it relates to race and equity with classroom instruction and academic performance. This person is responsible for all aspects of Title IX and for developing and maintaining a professional learning system that encourages institutional practices of equity through evaluation and training activities. The successful candidate will have experience in leading diversity programs, training and organizational change. Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree Preferred. Individuals of historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates can learn more and/or should submit required information by May 25, 2021 to: www.svsd.net/Employment
The Seneca Valley School District is committed to advancing equity and embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
South Fayette Twp.
is seeking a
High School Special Education Substitute Teacher
for the 2021-2022 school year.
Complete job description and directions on how to apply are available at:
Deadline 4:00 PM May 21, 2021
Manager of Maintenance and Service
Port Authority is seeking a Manager of Maintenance and Service to manage, coordinate, and monitor all fleet maintenance service delivery and administration activities to ensure safe and reliable fleet operations within the operating location service area. Oversee, coordinate and monitor programs designed to improve processes and systems within Transit Operations.
- Coordinates and supervises allocation of resources for all maintenance activities. Monitors expenses against budgeted amounts. Communicates all relevant maintenance information to the Deputy Chief Operations Officer – Maintenance.
- Oversees and implements standardized administration programs and maintenance activities procedures at assigned location; coordinates with other Managers of Maintenance and Service in the development of service goals and maintenance performance standards and works toward meeting such standards in support of the Port Authority’s goals, objectives, and mission.
- Responsible for all aspects of service maintenance, mechanical maintenance and repair, fleet interior and exterior cleaning, assignment of fleet to routes, and maintenance of auxiliary head signs.
- Coordinates and supervises daily activities of maintenance, mechanical maintenance and repair, fleet interior and exterior cleaning, assignment of fleet to routes, and maintenance of auxiliary head signs.
Job requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in Transportation, Business, Vehicle Maintenance or directly related field from an accredited school. Related experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum of three (3) years maintenance supervisory/management experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of vehicle maintenance or related field.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class B, with a P endorsement).
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- BA/BS Degree in Business or directly related field from an accredited school.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527