THE PREVENTABLE STUDY
The University of Pittsburgh is studying if taking a statin might help to prevent dementia, disability, & heart disease. Who may qualify:
- Age 75 or older.
- NOT taking a statin.
- No history of heart disease or dementia.
Compensation provided. All study visits can be completed from your home. If interested, call 412-841-1415 or email PATHCDRN@pitt.edu.
The University of Pittsburgh’s Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, Department of Economics seeks an Assistant Professor of Economics to teach/instruct graduate and undergraduate courses in Economics.
Apply at https://www.join.pitt.edu, #22007958. Please upload a cover letter, statement of teaching and research interests, curriculum vitae, writing sample, at least three letters of recommendation (emailed to Wynn Maloney firstname.lastname@example.org), and teaching evaluations. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity.
EOE, including disability/vets.
SOUTH FAYETTE TWP. SCHOOL DISTRICT
is seeking a
Complete job descriptions and directions on how to apply are available at:
Applications must be received by 4:00 PM November 10, 2022
NORTHGATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Northgate School District is seeking part-time teacher assistants at $17.18 an hour. If interested send letter of interest and resume to Mrs. Christina Garczewski, Northgate Administrative Center, 591 Union Ave., Pgh., PA 15202 or email at email@example.com
Northgate School District is also seeking a part-time crossing guard at $11.00 an hour. Hours 7:15 to 8:15 a.m. and 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. If interested send letter of interest and resume to Dr. Caroline Johns, Northgate Administrative Center, 591 Union Ave., Pgh., PA 15202 or email at
is seeking a
4TH GRADE MATH TEACHER
POSITION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
Please send all three References and Certifications to
No Phone Calls
PROCUREMENT CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION INTERN
($16 PER HOUR)
Pittsburgh Regional Transit is seeking an Intern to learn and gain practical experience on the job by supporting the procurement team in the delivery of services efficiently
and effectively. Under the direction of the Assistant Director, intern will assist the Managers in supporting all project procurement staff activities
involving construction, parts/materials, or professional services agreements. Related activities include evaluating invoices, assisting with contractual information, and in the review and implementation of regulations and resolution of related claims.
- Scanning of various procurement documents and filing of various documents including quotations, minutes and contracts.
- Assist with pre-audit review of procurement files. Assist Contract Specialist in creating and maintaining professional service, parts/materials and construction procurement files.
- Provide assistance to Contract Specialist related to RFP and
competitive bid preparation, solicitation/award process, contract monitoring and closeout for construction and professional services agreements. Assists in preparation and processing of all work orders Utilizes PeopleSoft to perform appropriate essential functions related to procurement agreements, including verification of appropriate funding availability.
- Receive, time stamp, and coordinate the routing of Pending Change
Orders, Change Orders, Pay
Estimates and invoices to provide time-sensitive processing of associated payments and information to Contract Specialist.
Job requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A college degree or be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited
university/college in one of the following degree programs: Supply Chain Management, Finance, Public Administration, Operations Management, Business Management, or other related fields.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0 (no rounding)
- Experience with database programs and spreadsheet applications and demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft software, and the internet.
- Professional and effective communication skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and people skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and detail oriented.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in or exposure to contract administration. An emphasis in Procurement or Supply Chain is desired.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Office Programs and
Oracle’s PeopleSoft or similar system.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
TO PLACE AN AD CALL OR EMAIL:
412-481-8302 Ext. 140
for copy, corrections, and cancellations: Friday
noon preceding Wednesday publication