TOWNSHIP OF WILKINS
NOTICE OF INTRODUCTION
OF PROPOSED CODE ADOPTION ORDINANCE
Please take notice that a proposed Code Adoption Ordinance was introduced by the Board of Commissioners of the Township of Wilkins at a regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners held on the 9th day of January, 2023. A copy of the proposed Code Adoption Ordinance and the Code may be examined in the office of the Township Manager. A summary of the proposed Code Adoption Ordinance of the proposed codification is as follows:
Ordinance No.: 1111
AN ORDINANCE TO APPROVE, ADOPT AND ENACT AN ORDINANCE CODIFICATION FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF WILKINS, COUNTY OF ALLEGHENY, COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA; TO PROVIDE FOR THE REPEAL OF CERTAIN LEGISLATION NOT INCLUDED THEREIN; TO SAVE FROM REPEAL CERTAIN OTHER LEGISLATION NOT INCLUDED THEREIN; AND TO PROVIDE PENALTIES FOR TAMPERING WITH THE CODE.
This proposed ordinance provides:
1) For the approval, adoption and enactment of the codification of a complete body of legislation for the Township of Wilkins, as revised, codified and consolidated into title, chapters and sections, such codification being designated as the “Code of the Township of Wilkins.”
2) That the provisions of the Code are intended as the continuation of legislation in effect immediately prior to the adoption of this ordinance.
3) For the repeal of inconsistent ordinances or parts of ordinances of a general and permanent nature which are not included in the Code, except as specifically saved from repeal.
4) That certain ordinances, rights and obligations be expressly saved from repeal.
5) That ordinances of a general and permanent nature adopted subsequent to preparation of the code but prior to its adoption are deemed part of the Code.
6) For the adoption and ratification of changes and revisions made during preparation of the Code to the previously adopted legislation included therein, and for the inclusion of certain new legislation. Such changes, revisions and new legislation include:
- a) Nonsubstantive grammatical and style changes.
- b) Nomenclature changes
- c) General revision of penalty provisions
- d) Removal of specific permit and license fee amounts and authority for such fees to be set by resolution of the Board of Commissioners.
- e) Adoption and ratification of other substantive changes and revisions made so as to bring provisions included in the Code into conformity with the policies and intent of the Board of Commissioners. Such changes and revisions are specifically enumerated and described in the ordinance.
7) For the interpretation of provisions.
8) That titles, headings and editor’s notes are inserted for the convenience of persons using the Code and are not part of the legislation.
9) For the filing of at least one copy of the code in the office of the Township Manager where it shall remain for use and examination by the public.
10) For the incorporation of future additions, deletions, amendments or supplements into the Code.
11) That Code books be kept up-to-date under the supervision of the Township Manager.
12) That notice of introduction of the ordinance and Code be published according to law and that enactment of the ordinance, coupled with filing of a copy or copies of the Code and publication of such notice, will be deemed due and legal publication of all provisions of the Code.
3) For penalties for anyone convicted of altering or tampering with the Code.
14) That the provisions of the Code and the ordinance are severable.
15) That the effective date of the Code and of the ordinance be February 27, 2023.
Please take further notice that the Board of Commissioners intends to adopt the proposed Code Adoption Ordinance on February 27, 2023. A copy of the Code Adoption Ordinance proposed for adoption is on file in the office of the Township Manager, Wilkins Township, Pennsylvania, where it is available for public inspection during regular office hours.
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
ZONING HEARING BOARD OF THE BOROUGH OF THORNBURG
NOTICE is hereby given that on Thursday, February 2, 2023, at 7:00 p.m., the Zoning Hearing Board of the Borough of Thornburg will conduct a public hearing in the auditorium of the Thornburg Community Building, 545 Hamilton Rd., Thornburg, PA, at which time the Board will consider the following matter:
On the request of Gerald Pecora for a variance from the 10’ setback requirement for the construction of an accessory structure on the property located at 1181 Harvard Rd. Mr. Pecora has submitted an application for a variance with a 4’ setback.
The above application may be reviewed by contacting the Borough Secretary (email@example.com or 412-921-3713).
All interested parties are invited to attend and be heard in accordance with the rules and procedures established by the Board. Any unfinished business at the end of this public hearing will be continued to a future meeting date.
Dorothy Falk, Secretary
Borough of Thornburg
ALLEGHENY COUNTY SANITARY AUTHORITY
The public meetings to be held by the Board of Directors of the Allegheny County Sanitary Authority during the calendar year 2023 will be held at its offices located at 3300 Preble Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15233 on the following Thursdays at 4:30 p.m.:
January 26, 2023
February 23, 2023
March 23, 2023
April 27, 2023
May 18, 2023
June 22, 2023
July 27, 2023
September 28, 2023
October 26, 2023
November 16, 2023
December 14, 2023
The public is invited to attend and participate. Public comment may be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by noon on the meeting date. The public may view the meetings via livestream by visiting www.alcosan.org.