Since 2007 Hilltop Alliance has worked collaboratively to preserve and create community assets across South Pittsburgh’s Hilltop (Allentown, Arlington, Arlington Heights, Beltzhoover, Carrick, Knoxville, Mt. Oliver Borough, Mt. Oliver City, Mt. Washington, South Side Slopes and St. Clair). The Executive Director is the chief executive of the Hilltop Alliance, reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker responsible for the day-to-day operations, relationships with stakeholders, and management of development projects, program design, financial management, and implementation of long-term plans.
For a full detailed position announcement and instructions to be considered for this position, please go to https://www.pittsburghhilltopalliance.org/our-people and click on “Job Description” under the Executive Director heading.
HM Health Solutions Inc.
HM Health Solutions Inc. d/b/a enGen, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA has work-at-home Senior Release Manager position (w/ability to telecommute w/approp. telecommuting sys.) responsible for serving as liaison btwn bus. units to guarantee timely delivery of sftwr prdcts or updates as well as overseeing envrnmnts req’d for dvlpmnt & testing of each release. Apply at https://careers.highmarkhealth.org, using keyword “J217857”.
Highmark Health, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA has work-at-home Finance Leadership Development Program Associate position (w/ability to telecommute w/approp. telecommuting sys.; remote worksite must be w/in commuting distance of Pittsburgh, PA for weekly trips to corp. office) responsible for prfrmng financial analysis & accounting duties as well as leading short & medium-term duration prjcts. Apply at https://careers.highmarkhealth.org, using keyword “J217864”.
HM Health Solutions Inc. d/b/a enGen, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, has work-at-home Application Developer position (w/ability to telecommute w/approp. telecommuting sys.) to be responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, testing, & implementing app. enhancements w/limited supervision. Apply at https://careers.highmarkhealth.org, using keyword “J217505”.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
for fed govt law office in Pgh; some travel required. 3 yrs gen IT exp & 2 yrs specialized exp req’d. PC/network hardware, MS Windows, Office365, user support, Windows AD, Access or SQL database, Outlook administration; exp with forensics or litigation support preferred. Starting salary range $63K-$85K based on exp and education.
Submit application according to instructions in full ad at
http://paw.fd.org/employment.htm. No phone calls. EOE.
SR. DATA ENGINEER.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.’s Pittsburgh, PA, office seeks a Sr. Data Engineer. This is a hybrid office-based/work-from-home position that requires the employee to be able to occasionally work in our Pittsburgh, PA, office. Will develop enterprise data solutions to be consumed by technology and business teams. Duties include: delivering HA and scalable data pipelines and solutions in the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using SDLC and SCRUM methodologies; and building frameworks for data management, security, automation and optimization. Send CV with cover letter, references, and salary requirements to Jobsaeoinc@ae.com.
PROFESSOR – STATISTICS F/K/A LECTURER – STATISTICS
The University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA seeks an Assistant Teaching Professor – Statistics f/k/a Lecturer – Statistics to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in Statistics. This position is outside the tenure stream. The primary responsibility is teaching, but duties include student advising, supervision of graduate assistants, program administration, and service on departmental and University committees to further our academic mission. Apply at https://join.pitt.edu, #23000100. Applicants should upload a cover letter, CV, teaching portfolio with evaluations, teaching and diversity statements, and at least three letters of recommendation. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity.
The University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Neuroscience in Pittsburgh, PA, seeks a Research Associate to study cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying drug-induced neuroplasticity. Will conduct scholarly research on circuit mechanisms underlying drug craving and drug seeking using rodent model as well as participate in the scholarly activities of the research group. Apply at https://join.pitt.edu, #23000303. Applicants should upload a cover letter including a brief statement of research goals, a curriculum vitae, and the names of three references. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity.
EOE, including disability/vets.
EMSWORTH PUBLIC WORKS
Emsworth Borough is accepting applications for one full time worker and one part time summer help worker. Candidate must be able to perform manual work associated with upkeep in the borough. Candidate will need to pass a background check and pre-employment drug and physical test. Valid PA drivers license is required. Send letter of interest to Emsworth Borough, 171 Center Ave, Pittsburgh., PA 15202 or email
BOROUGH OF BRENTWOOD EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Brentwood Borough Parks & Recreation is looking for seasonal employees for Park & Recreation attendants/assistants.
Those who are energetic, strong communicators, dependable, and outgoing should apply. Brentwood Borough Parks & Recreation
attendants/assistants can earn competitive pay working at the pool, concession stand, Borough events and activities.
Applicants must be at least 15 years of age.
To apply for the above positions please visit the Brentwood Borough website at www.brentwoodboro.com On the home page click employment/volunteers located in the home menu. Applications must be typed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply early! Applications will only be accepted for a limited time.
Additional information is available by contacting:
Brentwood Borough Parks and Recreation Director
Jim Attanucci at 412-884-1500 ext. 135 or 412 969-7535.
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST, CRT (MULTIPLE OPENINGS)
UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside seeks Respiratory Therapists, CRT to work in Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County). Providerespiratory therapy services and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system, under the general direction of a physician and by prescription. Perform additional job-related duties as assigned. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Care from a CoARC-accredited program, or equivalent. Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Must hold a valid PA Respiratory Therapist license or eligibility, and BLS or CPR. Apply by following these steps; visit http://careers.upmc.com and enter 2300005I in the “Search Keyword/Job ID” field and click Go. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
TRANSIT POLICE OFFICER
Pittsburgh Regional Transit (Port Authority of Allegheny County Police Department) is seeking full-time Transit Police Officers. A Transit Police Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety of Port Authority customers, staff, and property throughout the areas it serves. Officers must enforce all local, state, and federal laws on and around our transit system.
Our Police Department offers potential career opportunities with specialty units that include, investigations, K-9, video forensics and crash reconstruction. Leadership roles such as Sergeant and Lieutenant are promoted from within the department.
Police Department applicant testing is one three-hour session, the written police officer exam (POST) and the fitness exam will be administered on the same day. Testing dates: Friday, March 3, 2023 at 12:00 PM, and Saturday, March 4, 2023 at 8:00 AM.
Based upon the current contract, Police Officer wage progression schedule: year one – $48,644; year two – $55,130; year three – $64,959.
Job requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid PA Driver’s License.
- Current Act 120 certification or candidate must successfully pass the Act 120 certification test prior to employment.
- Successful completion of administered written police officer exam.
- Successful completion of administered fitness exam.
- Basic clerical skills.
- Ability to observe and analyze situations objectively and respond appropriately.
- Ability to handle emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
- Professional and effective communication skills to include:
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Successfully complete/maintain the following required training:
- Yearly firearm qualifications with a department-authorized firearm.
- Maintain Basic First Aid and CPR/AED Certification.
- Yearly mandatory in-service training.
- Job-specific training, as required.
- Ability to work various shifts, pass days, weekends/holidays, as required.
- This is a Safety-Sensitive position subject to all testing provisions under the Drug and Alcohol Policy, including random drug and alcohol testing. The person selected for this position may be required to be tested prior to being awarded the job.
Pittsburgh Regional Transit offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Transit Police Officers are eligible for a defined contribution plan which consists of two components: a 401(a) Money Purchase Plan and a 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan. Tuition Reimbursement and comprehensive training opportunities are also available.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume
or directly to:
Pittsburgh Regional Transit – Employment Department
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
MANAGER OF FIELD DATA
Pittsburgh Regional Transit is seeking a Manager of Field Data to supervise the Service Development Associate (represented) positions and weekly work assignments.
Ensures that all field data collection requirements for Federal and State auditing are met. Oversees the collection, computer entry, analysis, and monthly and annual summaries of field data related to transit service. Ensures all tasks have appropriate instructions and process guides for field assignments.
- Manages Service Development Associate personnel and work assignments in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement. Conducts quality assurance measures for collected data.
- Tasks of this group include Schedule pick document creation and support, F schedule development, field data collection and data entry for auditing of internal, state, and federal requirements, signage creation, deployment, and deconstruction, field surveying of passengers, observational data collection, office administrative support, assisting with the creation and accuracy of timetables and other public information.
- Aggregates, analyzes, and develops reports of various metrics related to the delivery of transit network services as collected by the SDA staff.
Job requirements include:
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct Supervisory experience, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple staff simultaneously.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in transportation, customer service, business operations, information technology, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid PA driver’s license must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- Effective data reporting or visualizing skills (creating graphs, tables, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Economics, Urban Planning or directly related field from an accredited school. Directly related experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience in the field of public transit or multimodal transportation.
- Knowledge of Pittsburgh Regional Transit service areas and routes.
- Experience in operations, scheduling, or service planning.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a coverletter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527