PROGRAM AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Steel Rivers Council of Governments is seeking a Program and Outreach Coordinator to support its Community Violence Reduction Initiative. Full Time salary is $60,000 with excellent benefits. For a complete list of responsibilities and application instructions visit steelriverscog.org.
NOW HIRING: ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
Requirements: US Citizen and 21 years of age prior to offer of employment, Associate’s degree or have completed 60 college credits, PA Act 120 certificate or MPOETC waiver, valid driver’s license, and must meet departmental appearance requirements which includes prohibition of visible tattoos in short-sleeved uniform. $33.50 starting 2023 hourly rate. 5th year patrol hourly rate $47.85. Overtime available.
Benefits and Opportunities: 12-hour shifts, comprehensive health care package, paid time-off package (holiday, vacation, and comp time), Traffic Unit, Investigations, and School Resource Officers. Applications must be submitted by May 21st by 11:59 PM at https://www.policeapp.com/Entry-Level-Cranberry-Township-PA-Police-Officer-Jobs/4506/
SOUTH FAYETTE TWP. SCHOOL DISTRICT
is seeking a
(50% OF THE SCHOOL DAY)
Complete job description and directions on how to apply are available at:
Deadline 4:00 PM May 11, 2023, or until position is filled
SOUTH FAYETTE TWP.
is seeking the following positions:
- MIDDLE SCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
- MIDDLE SCHOOL COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER
(50% OF SCHOOL DAY)
- HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH LEARNER TEACHER
(50% OF SCHOOL DAY)
Positions available at the start of the 2023-2024 School Year
Complete job descriptions and directions on how to apply are available at:
Applications must be received by 4:00 PM May 8, 2023
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
BOROUGH OF AVALON,
Applications are currently being accepted by the Borough Council for the position of Public Works Maintenance Worker. Maintenance workers perform a variety of physical and mental tasks associated with the maintenance, repair, and construction of Public Works assets. Essential functions include equipment operations, such as repairing and performing general maintenance tasks on Borough roadways, operating light- or medium- weight trucks, and plowing and removing snow; vehicle repair and maintenance; storm and sanitary repair and maintenance; and property maintenance tasks at municipal buildings, parks, and recreation areas. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and valid driver’s license; a CDL license is preferred but not required. Must be able to respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis, especially during periods of snow. Flagger certification, CPO certification, and Pesticide Application certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire. This is a union position, affiliated with General Teamsters Local 249. The full job description can be viewed at
Interested applicants should submit their application to email@example.com or Manager, Borough of Avalon, 640 California Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15202 no later than 4:00 pm, Friday, May 19, 2023.
PUBLIC WORKS PART TIME SEASONAL EMPLOYEES,
BOROUGH OF AVALON,
Applications are currently being accepted by the Borough Council for part time seasonal public works employees. These employees perform a variety of work associated with the maintenance, repair, and construction of DPW assets. The seasonal employees report to the Public Works Superintendent. Workers operate a variety of equipment, which may include hand tools, power tools, light equipment, riding lawn mower, push lawn mower, trimmers, and pickup truck. The full job description can be viewed at www.boroughofavalon.org.
Interested applications should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org or Manager, Borough of Avalon, 640 California Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15202. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Avalon Borough is an equal opportunity employer.
Pittsburgh Regional Transit is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to function as the Port Authority of Allegheny County d/b/a Pittsburgh Regional Transit (PRT)’s supervising senior operating accountant responsible for: assisting the Manager of Operating Accounting in the utilization of PeopleSoft Financial Systems; participating in the preparation of the monthly financial statements and yearly audit; assisting in the review of accounts receivables; performing various cash reconciliations and learning the Manager’s functions to provide back-up.
- Supervise the Accounting Assistant – AR Specialist positions: Duties to include:
- Oversees and assists in the review of customer statements
- Works with the legal department when necessary to collect payments
- Reviews the work of the accounting assistants to ensure accuracy
- Assists in the collection of aged accounts receivables
- Ensures all revenues are received and recorded each month.
- Utilize PeopleSoft Financials to perform the following:
- Enter journal entries
- Reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile various bank accounts
- Run queries on a as needed basis
- Run envision reports on a as needed
- Create invoices for the FBI, Regional partners, Contract Services as well as any billings to third parties
Job requirements include:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, or Finance from an accredited school.
- Minimum of three (3) years accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Professional and effective communication skills.
- CPA or Master’s degree in accounting.
- Experience in financial statement closing processes.
- PeopleSoft experience.
- Familiarity with PRT’s account classification.
- One (1) year supervisory experience.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
TO PLACE AN AD:
412-481-8302 Ext. 136
for copy, corrections, and cancellations: Friday noon preceding Wednesday publication