More than two dozen artists from the state of Georgia have been nominated for the 2016 Grammy Awards, which will be televised live from the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles, home of the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers.
According to The Recording Academy Atlanta Chapter, 26 Georgians were nominated for the 58th Grammy Awards which airs on Sunday, Feb. 15, including a former president.
Georgia, and in particular Atlanta, has been dubbed with the moniker “Hollywood South,” has also been one of the epicenters of popular music for the past 20 years.
The Grammy Nominees from the state of Georgia are:
- Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song – Third Day
- Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song – David Crowder
- Best Gospel Album – Tasha Cobbs
- Best Roots Gospel Album – Karen Peck and New River
- Best Song and Best Rap Song – Kawan “KP” Prather