PROJECT NUMBER 36FP1-21 (FIRE PROTECTION)
CARGO BUILDING 4 INTERMODAL FREIGHT TRANSFER
ATTENTION: CANCELLATION OF BID PACKAGE
TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN:
Notice is hereby given that PROJECT NO. 36FP1-21 that was advertised for bid will be canceled. This project will be added by addendum to Project No. 36P1-21 (PLUMBING).
For further information call 412-472-3677, 412-472-3543 or 412-472-3779.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC NEEDS HEARINGS
CITY OF PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA
FISCAL YEAR 2022 ANNUAL ACTION PLAN
Notice is hereby given that the City of Pittsburgh is currently preparing its FY 2022 Annual Action Plan (April 1, 2022-March 31, 2023). The City will apply for the following Federal funds: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Investment Partnerships (HOME), Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG), and Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
In accordance with 24 CFR Part 91, et. al., and the City’s Citizen Participation Plan, the City intends to conduct several public needs hearings. The purpose of the needs hearings is to obtain the views and comments of individuals and organizations relative to housing and community development and fair housing needs that may be addressed by CDBG, HOME, ESG and HOPWA funds during the next year. We encourage community organizations of all missions and sizes to come out and learn how their efforts in the community can possibly be supported via CDBG funding. CDBG funds support
programming and housing development in low/moderate income areas (neighborhoods) of the City of Pittsburgh.
The City will hold public needs hearings at the times and locations noted below. The hearings are being held at various locations to provide all City residents with ample opportunity to attend and comment. Interested persons only need to attend one of the public hearings at the most convenient location.
|LOCATION||DATE & TIME|
|Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania
118 52nd Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
|March 14, 2022
1pm and 6pm
|City Council Building
414 Grant Street
5th Floor, City Council Chambers
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
|March 18, 2022
|Pittsburgh Federation of Teachers
10 S 19th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
|March 21, 2022
1pm and 6pm
Please note that social distancing will be practiced. Participants may be asked to wear a mask based on building policy.
The City is currently securing locations for three additional public need hearings. Those locations and dates will be posted once confirmed at the following website: https://pittsburghpa.gov/omb/omb-hearing
All locations are accessible to the handicapped. Persons requiring special accommodations or bilingual services can make arrangements by contacting Mr. Whitney Finnstrom, Senior Manager, Community Development, 414 Grant Street, Room 501, Pittsburgh, PA 15219. The phone number is (412) 255-2211, email is Whitney.Finnstrom@pittsburghpa.gov, fax number is (412) 393-0151, and the TDD number is (412) 255-2222.
The purpose of these public hearings is to:
- 1. Obtain the views and comments of individuals and organizations concerning the City’s housing and community development needs. The information gathered will be used in the preparation of the Annual Action Plan submission for the FY 2022 Program Year.
- 2. Review the City’s Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment Partnerships, and Emergency Solutions Grants, and Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) Programs and provide an opportunity for the public to comment on program performance.
- Summarize the Annual Action Plan process and obtain the views of citizens, public agencies, and others interested in the housing and community development needs of the City.
Based on last year’s funding, the City of Pittsburgh anticipates it will be notified by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that it is eligible to receive the following entitlement grants in the following approximate amounts: $14,000,000 for CDBG; $2,300,000 for HOME; $1,200,000 for ESG; and $1,200,000 for HOPWA based on FY 2021. These funding levels are contingent upon the final approval of the Federal Budget for FY 2022 by Congress. The City doesn’t anticipate notice of its funding allocation until the Spring of 2022. In order to receive those funds, the City of Pittsburgh must prepare a One Year Annual Action Plan for the use of Federal funds.
Written comments may be mailed to the City of Pittsburgh’s Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Community Development Division, attention Whitney Finnstrom, Senior Manager, Community Development, 414 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, or, emailed to Whitney.Finnstrom@Pittsburghpa.gov. Additional ongoing updates and information is available at the following website: https://pittsburghpa.gov/omb/omb-hearing.
Senior Manager City of Pittsburgh
Office of Management and
Budget-Community Development Division
RUNWAY SAFETY AREA 10-28 IMPROVEMENTS AT
ALLEGHENY COUNTY AIRPORT
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF
DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT
NOTICE OF PUBLIC WORKSHOP/PUBLIC HEARING
Pursuant to Title 40, Code of Federal Regulations § 1506.6(b) notice is hereby given by the Allegheny County Airport Authority (ACAA) that a Draft Environmental Assessment (Draft EA) has been prepared to evaluate the potential environmental impacts to improve the Runway 10-28 Runway Safety Area (RSA) at the Allegheny County Airport (AGC) located in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania. The Proposed Project is recommended in order to meet standards and safety requirements as established by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for runways serving the types of aircraft that typically access AGC. The Proposed Project involves improvements to Runway 10- 28 and other related projects, including:
Expand the Runway 10 RSA
- Install fill to extend RSA 335 feet and widen 500 feet across the new length. Taper from new RSA elevation to existing elevation at a 2:1 slope. Approximately 442,467 cubic yards of fill would require 24,582 dump truck trips (standard triaxle dump truck capacity is 18 cubic yards).
- Install a 300-foot by 150-foot Engineered Material Arresting System (EMAS) bed.
Expand the Runway 28 RSA
- Install fill to extend RSA 335 feet and widen 500 feet across the new length. Taper from new RSA elevation to existing elevation at a 2:1 slope. Approximately 61,239 cubic yards of fill would require 3,403 standard dump truck trips.
- Install a 300-foot by 150-foot EMAS bed.
Expand a Portion of the mid-Runway RSA
- Install 55,000 cubic yards of fill. Approximately 54,002 cubic yards of fill would require 3,001 standard dump truck trips.
- Remove existing, 10-foot-wide dirt airport service roads within the fill footprint
- Establish new, 10-foot-wide dirt airport service roads to reconnect existing airport service road system
- Relocate or extend groundwater monitoring wells within fill footprint at Runway 10 end; relocate existing utility pipeline at the Runway 28 end.
- Relocate airport boundary fence at both ends of the runway along fill/new service roads.
- Relocate FAA sheds, instrument landing system, medium approach light system with runway alignment indicator lights system, and localizer array, at end of Runway 28, and runway end identifier lights at the Runway 10 end.
- Modify the existing airport stormwater management system as necessary to accommodate the Proposed Project. Further engineering of stormwater management features will be the result of ongoing site planning and permitting processes, but may include the relocation and installation of ditches, swales, and culverts channeling stormwater into existing retention ponds.
- Clear trees and vegetation and remove objects within the Proposed Project footprint. This includes 36 acres at the Runway 10 end and 48 acres at the Runway 28 end and mid-runway location. The cleared and graded areas would be replanted to minimize erosion and the RSA area would be maintained as pavement and grass per FAA design guidelines.
Beginning on February 27, 2022, the Draft EA will be available for public review through April 4, 2022 at the following locations:
- Online at https://flypittsburgh.com/allegheny-county-airport/
- AGC’s Airport Office at 12 Allegheny County Airport, West Mifflin, PA 15122. Please call (412) 466-3026 to schedule a date/time to review the Draft EA.
ACAA will provide a hardcopy or flash drive of the Draft EA and/or the Public Workshop presentation upon request. Please call (412) 476-2000 or email AGC.RSA.EA@gaiconsultants.com to request a copy of the materials.
PUBLIC WORKSHOP AND PUBLIC HEARING
ACAA invites you to attend a virtual Public Workshop to learn more about the environmental analyses conducted for the Proposed Project. The Workshop will begin with a presentation that includes information regarding the Draft EA and will include a “Question and Answer” session. The Public Workshop will be held between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM on March 29, 2022. A Public Hearing to receive formal verbal comments from the public will be held immediately after the Public Workshop, beginning at 7:00 PM and will end after all registered speakers have had the opportunity to comment. You can register to speak using the registration website (link below). All formal verbal comments made during the Public Hearing will be transcribed by a court report and included and responded to in the final EA.
Both the Public Workshop and Public Hearing will be conducted in virtual format on the Zoom® videoconferencing platform. This virtual format provides attendees with the maximum opportunity for safe and accessible public engagement during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2022
Workshop Time: 6:00-7:00 PM
Hearing Time: Begins at 7:00 PM
Registration: http://bit.ly/AGCDraftEA (this link will register you for both the Public Workshop and Public Hearing)
Phone (Audio only for those without internet access): 877-853-5247 – Webinar ID: 869 3860 4895
More information on the Public Workshop/Public Hearing can be found at: https://flypittsburgh.com/allegheny-county-airport/runway-safety-
area-improvements-at-allegheny-county-airport-agc/. Sign Language Interpreters and/or other services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability, you are advised to make your request at least five (5) business days prior to the Public Workshop/Public Hearing. To request these services, please contact AGC.RSA.EA@gaiconsultants.com.
Verbal comments may be provided during the Public Hearing. Written comments may be submitted via electronic-mail (e-mail) or U.S. Mail at any time during the comment period, February 27, 2022 to April 4, 2022. The purpose of the public comment period is to receive comments on the Draft EA. Comments should be as specific as possible and should be organized so that they are meaningful and make the FAA clearly aware of the commenter’s views, interests, and concerns. Comments received on the Draft EA, and the responses to those comments, will be disclosed in the Final EA.
Written comments on the adequacy of the information disclosed in the Draft EA must be submitted by April 4, 2022. Comments may be submitted to AGC.RSA.EA@gaiconsultants.com or to GAI Consultants; C/O AGC RSA EA; 385 E. Waterfront Drive; Homestead, PA 15120.
PRIVACY NOTICE: Before including your address, phone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, be advised that your entire comment – including your personal identifying information – may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask the FAA in your comment to withhold from public review your personal identifying information, the FAA cannot guarantee that it will be able to do so.
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF PITTSBURGH
PUBLIC NOTICE OF REVISED 2022 MOVING TO WORK
The Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (HACP), in accordance with federal law and regulation, is proposing revisions to its HUD approved FY 2022 Moving to Work (MTW) Annual Plan. The Plan is being revised to include new provisions for the administration and implementation of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) payment standards.
The revised FY 2022 MTW Annual Plan is available for review and comment from Sunday, February 20, 2022 to Tuesday, April 12, 2022 on the HACP Web Site: www.hacp.org. Printed copies of the FY 2022 MTW Annual Plan can be obtained by contacting the HACP Executive Office at 412-456-5012.
A Public Hearing to receive public comments on the revised FY 2022 HACP MTW Annual Plan will be held on Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. via Zoom. The Zoom Meeting information can be accessed at www.hacp.org.
Written comments on the proposed revisions to the FY 2022 HACP MTW Annual Plan must be addressed to:
“Attention: HACP Moving to Work Annual Plan” at the HACP Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Department, 200 Ross Street, 7th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 and must be received by Tuesday, April 12, 2022.
Once approved, the final revised FY 2022 HACP MTW Annual Plan will be effective after the HACP receives approval from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Moving to Work Office.
If you are a person with disability and need an alternate means of reviewing this information, please contact the Disability Compliance Office at 412-456-5282 to discuss the options available.
HACP conducts business in accordance with all federal, state, and local civil rights laws, including but not limited to Title VII, the Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, The PA Human Relations Act, etc. and does not discriminate against any individuals protected by these statutes.