The Borough of Wilkinsburg is currently accepting applications for the position of Accountant. This is a varied accounting position responsible for maintenance of daily cash balances, deposits, bank reconciliations, journal entries, maintenance of records for annual Borough audit, preparation for annual Borough audit, preparation of monthly reports. A complete job description and requirements for the position can be found at www.wilkinsburgpa.gov. Send application to the Administrative Office, Wilkinsburg Borough, 605 Ross Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221. Wilkinsburg is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for applications is July 14, 2022.
Port Authority is seeking a Senior Adjuster to perform investigation and settlement of assigned claims and other assignments as assigned.
- Investigate each claim through prompt and courteous contact with appropriate parties such as claimants, witnesses, medical providers and technical experts to determine extent of liability and damages.
- Obtain all investigative reports, i.e. Police, CIB, Medical Records etc. needed for successful disposition of each claim.
- Maintain effective diary system for appropriate claim management.
- Document claim file activities in Riskmaster.
- Prompt and proper disposition of all claims within assigned authority in accordance with established guidelines.
Job requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- BS/BA degree in Criminal Justice, Business Management or related field. Directly related experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum of two (2) years general liability and property damage claims experience.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to handle emotionally charged situations.
- Professional and effective communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning abilities.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Word and Access.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
SOUTH HILLS AREA COUNCIL OF GOVERNMENTS
NOTICE OF EXAMINATION
FOR THE POSITION OF
ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
Applications to take the test for the position of Entry Level Police Officer are being accepted on behalf of the following Municipalities or their Civil Service Commissions:
Upper St. Clair Township
West Mifflin Borough
until 5:00 PM on Wednesday, July 20, 2022, at the offices of the South Hills Area Council of Governments (SHACOG), 2600 Old Greentree Road, Carnegie, PA 15106, 412-429-1130.
A single application to take the test and a single testing process will be utilized by the listed municipalities. All appointments, if any, will be made by the individual municipalities.
Information concerning minimum eligibility requirements for each police department is contained in the application package.
Applications and instructions are available at the SHACOG office, at the SHACOG website (www.shacog.com), and at the Police Departments of the listed municipalities. Completed applications are to be returned with a non-refundable fee of $50.00 only to the SHACOG office.
A physical agility test is scheduled for the morning of Saturday, August 6, 2022, with a written test to follow in the afternoon of that same day for those who pass the physical agility test.
The listed municipalities are equal opportunity employers.
Stanley Louis Gorski
TWP. SCHOOL DISTRICT
INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL TEACHERS
Positions available at the start of the 2022-2023 school year
Complete job descriptions and directions on how to apply are available at:
Applications must be received by 4:00 PM July 1, 2022
TO PLACE AN AD CALL OR EMAIL:
412-481-8302 Ext. 140
for copy, corrections, and cancellations: Friday
noon preceding Wednesday publication