STEEL VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Director/Supervisor of Pupil Services and Special Education Requirements: Supervisor of Special Education certification and either Supervisor of Pupil Services certification or Superintendent certification. Preferred: 5+ years of supervisory or administrative experience, and demonstrable success with important job components such as LRE, disproportionality and PBIS.
Director of Facilities Requirements: High School Graduate, Mechanical Trade School Certificate or equivalent experience. Preferred: Strong leadership, management, organization, communication and problem-solving skills; experience with bidding, purchasing and maintenance of buildings and grounds equipment; ability to perform computing functions such as email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, work order system and financial software functions.
Chief of Police: Requirements: Honorable Discharge from Pennsylvania State Police or from a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Municipal police force; possess a valid PA Driver’s license and a good driving record and be willing to submit DMV clearance check; Meet or exceed the annualPennsylvania State Police requirement for marksmanship and handling of service weapons safely. Preferred: Minimum 10 years of experience on the PA State Police Force, Municipal P lice Department, School Police Officer, or other certified police officer.
Confidential Secretary: The Steel Valley School District is accepting letters of interest for the full-time confidential secretary (administrative assistant) to work in the District’s Central Administration Office.
Special Education Teacher: Opening for Special Education Teacher for 2022-2023 school year. PA Special Education K-12 or Special Education PK-8 required; Math, English or other Middle-Level Certification preferred with training/experience in Autism & Sever Cognitive Disabilities.
First Semester Long-term Substitute Middle School Social Studies Teacher: Opening for Social Studies teacher for the first semester of the 2022-2023 school year. PA Social Studies 7-12, Middle Level Social Studies 6 – 9, Grades 4-8 (All subjects 4-6, Social Studies 7-8), or equivalent certification required. Send letter of interest, resume, standard application, transcripts, current clearances and credentials to email@example.com.
Deadline noon on July 5, 2022. EOE
SOUTH FAYETTE TWP.
INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL TEACHERS
Positions available at the start of the 2022-2023 school year
Complete job descriptions and directions on how to apply are available at:
Applications must be received by 4:00 PM July 1, 2022
The Pittsburgh Food Policy Council is seeking a full-time Executive Director. The Council’s mission is to build a more just, equitable and sustainable regional food system. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications by July 16, 2022. To apply:https://pittfoodpolicy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23&source=aWQ9MjM%3D
PROJECT AND IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER
The University of Pittsburgh’s Graduate School of Public and International Affairs seeks a Project and Implementation Manager to work in Pittsburgh, PA, to support innovation and strategy in public and international affairs research, education, and engagement. Activities include designing, implementing, and evaluating new practices and programmatic efforts. Apply at www.join.pitt.edu, #22005130. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
Carnegie Mellon University seeks Learning Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA responsible for creating an online version of the METALS core curriculum & developing/incorporating Technology Enhanced Learning for implementation into course design & online/hybrid teaching program. Apply online at https://www.cmu.edu/jobs/
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/ CDL DRIVER
The Borough of Wilkinsburg is currently accepting applications for the position of Heavy Equipment Operator / CDL driver. Applicants must be Wilkinsburg residents. A complete job description and requirements for the position can befound at www.wilkinsburgpa.gov. Send application to the Administrative Office, Wilkinsburg Borough, 605 Ross Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221. Wilkinsburg is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for applications is July 14, 2022. John Antinori, Borough Manager
MANAGER OF RAILCAR
Pittsburgh Regional Transit is seeking a Manager of Railcar Programs to be responsible for all engineering and project delivery functions related to railcar programs. Manages and oversees a team of engineers and consultants to develop and execute maintenance and renewal projects to keep the Light Rail Vehicle fleet in a state of good repair. Ensures railcar programs are within scope, schedule, and budget constraints as well as interfaces with consultants, contractors, and external stakeholder representatives.
- Oversees and manages all staffing, technical and control (such as budgets, schedules, reporting, quality assurance) required to implement and complete railcar programs. Leads all project management functions necessary to implement the design, implementation, and closeout of funded railcar programs within established scope, schedule, budget, and quality metrics. Provides guidance and assistance to Port Authority personnel on project issues and activities pertaining to assigned railcar programs and projects.
- Directly responsible for and supervises the daily activities of assigned staff; provides day to day guidance and oversees various project design disciplines, provides oversight to staff managing projects and performing field inspections, reviews field design changes, resolves technical problems and methods regarding codes. Evaluates staff performance, performs necessary administrative tasks and develops staff’s technical and interpersonal skills.
- Develops scopes of work for outside consultant firms and provides oversight and management of the firms on assigned projects. Provides cost estimating for projected work activities. Understands various work rules, union trade requirements, and company policies on outside work. Leads development of Requests for Proposals for any railcar
Job requirements include:
- BS Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or a related engineering field, plus a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in the management of railcar or transit projects; or Associates Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering Technology and a BS Degree in a non-engineering field plus a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience as stated above.
- Five (5) years in a management supervisory role.
- Professional and effective communication skills.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
TO PLACE AN AD CALL OR EMAIL:
412-481-8302 Ext. 140
for copy, corrections, and cancellations: Friday
noon preceding Wednesday publication