JOB OPENING: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & PROGRAM MANAGER (FT)
Seeking a highly productive individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills who is passionate about community-driven revitalization in Lawrenceville. More info at bit.ly/CEPM-LU
The Citizen Science Lab (TCSL) is a non-profit hands-on laboratory where inquisitive minds and science enthusiasts can explore the life sciences.
Facilitate science and STEM themed education programming in school and out-of-school-time settings.
Part Time, during school year- Additional hours during summer months. Position will require some weekend and evening work throughout the year.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Relevant experience in youth enrichment and/or STEM education including informal settings such as after school programs or summer camps.
Currently enrolled or completed study in an institute of higher learning in one or more of the following fields:
Biology, Chemistry, Robotics, Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical), Biotechnology, Drone Technology, Fabrication (3D printing, CAD design), Physics or Environmental Sustainability
PAY: $15 / HOUR
INTERESTED PARTIES MAY FORWARD A RESUME TO email@example.com.
SOUTH FAYETTE TWP.
is seeking an
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Complete job description and directions on how to apply are available at:
Applications must be received by 4:00 PM January 5, 2023
UPMC Altoona located at U. S. Steel Tower, 57th Floor, 600 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 seeks ten (10) Hospitalists to provide comprehensive inpatient clinical care to patients with disease and injuries of the human internal organ system and establish preventive health practices for patients, order diagnostic tests, interpret the results, order appropriate interventions, therapies, medications, and other treatment modalities, primary admitter for Med call transfers and responsible for 95% of all unassigned patients admitted to the hospital, and work collaboratively with Advanced Practice Providers at UPMC Altoona, 620 Howard Avenue, Altoona, PA 16601 and UPMC Bedford, 10455 Lincoln Highway, Everett, PA 15537. Applicant must have a medical degree (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or foreign equivalent, must have completed an ACGME residency in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine. Must be Board certified or Board eligible in either Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and must be eligible to obtain a Pennsylvania medical license. Position requires travel to worksites within 50 miles. Apply by following these steps; visit http://careers.upmc.com and enter 2200042N in the “Search Keyword/Job ID” field and click Go.
DEPUTY CHIEF ENGINEER
Pittsburgh Regional Transit is seeking a Deputy Chief Engineer to assist the Chief Engineer in the development and implementation of all major capital engineering and construction projects, including
areas of engineering design,
construction, project programming, and technical support for the rail and bus operations as required. Maintain the Pittsburgh Regional Transit (PRT) asset inventory to a state of good repair.
- At direction of Chief Engineer, provide leadership and direction for Capital Projects and Programs of critical importance to the PRT to achieve strategic goals and initiatives.
- As required, provide support for the activities of the division’s
department directors, managers, and staff, ensuring Chief Engineer’s intent is implemented in support of PRT.
- As required, assist Chief Engineer in the oversight of the Technical Support team in providing the required engineering and technical services and support for the activities of the Operations Division in the areas of railcar programs and facility, rail system and bus-way maintenance and rehabilitation.
- As required, assist Chief Engineer in managing staffing, technical and control issues (such as budgets, schedules, reporting, safety, and quality assurance) required in implementing engineering and construction projects. Oversees the management of third-party consultants and contractors.
Directs activities necessary to perform project coordination with various departments within the PRT.
Job requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited school.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’progressively responsible capital project or multi-discipline design and construction experience, with at least five (5) years in a senior level position.
- Minimum five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing asset management program.
- Demonstrated history of oversight of both operating and capital budgets.
- Professional Engineer Registration in Pennsylvania.
- Professional and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Office 365 software products.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Planning or directly related field.
- Transit Asset Management experience is preferred.
- Experience in rail operations management, including system and equipment maintenance, system design and construction supervision, engineering management and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver presentations, answer questions, and address stakeholder concerns in highly stressful public forums.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
TO PLACE AN AD CALL OR EMAIL:
412-481-8302 Ext. 140
for copy, corrections, and cancellations: Friday
noon preceding Wednesday publication