Goff, Backa, Alfera & Company, LLC seeks Sr. Auditor in Pittsburgh, PA responsible for all phases of audit, review, & compilation engagements, incl reviewing the work of staff auditors & assisting in training subordinate staff members. Apply at: https://www.gbaco.com/careers/
Federated Hermes, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is seeking an Administrative Assistant (HR). Responsible for providing support for recruitment related services and employee engagement activities, hiring and employee separation processes. Apply using keyword 8673 at https://www.federatedinvestors.com/corporate/careers.do
JOINT APPRENTICESHIP COMMITTEE
Local Union No. 5, I.B.E.W. and Western PA Chapter, N.E.C.A.
5 Hot Metal Street, Suite 100 Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2356
APPRENTICESHIP opportunities for those who meet the requirements are hereby announced by the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee of the I.B.E.W. Local Union #5 and the Western PA Chapter of N.E.C.A.
Applications will be distributed at the:
Electrical Training Center – 5 Hot Metal Street, Suite 100,
Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2356 (South Side)
March 14th, 15th 16th, 17 and 18th – from 9:00AM to 1:00PM
March 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th – from 9:00AM to 1:00PM
Clearfield Training Center – 1400 Leonard Street, Clearfield, PA 16830
March 18th – from 9:00AM to 1:00PM
March 22nd – from 4:00PM to 7:00PM
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE PICKED UP IN PERSON BY THE APPLICANT AND COMPLETED AT THAT TIME. APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants shall be in good health, of average intelligence, conscientious and interested in learning the trade.
- Must be 18 years old, as of June 30, 2023.
- Must be a high school graduate or hold a GED.
- Must have completed one year of high school algebra or one post high school algebra course.
- Applicant must be willing to take any tests given by or for the Committee.
- When an apprenticeship is offered, one must submit to a physical and substance testing and a test for color blindness.
These tests will be administered by a doctor selected and paid for by the Committee.
- Must be a resident of one of the following counties in Pennsylvania for at least one year prior to application: Allegheny; Armstrong; Bedford; Blair; Butler; Cambria; Cameron; Centre; Clarion; Clearfield; Elk; Fayette; Fulton; Greene; Huntingdon; Indiana; Jefferson; McKean; Somerset; Venango; Washington and Westmoreland.
- A non-refundable check or money order for $25.00 (Twenty-five Dollars) will be required with the returned application.
Cost of all testing and examinations to be paid by the Committee. We will not accept cash payments; check or money orders only.
- All applicants must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License for the entire time they are in the apprenticeship program.
- The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination due to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or non-job related disabilities. The sponsor shall take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in the apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 or the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Regulations of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU:
- Copy of your High School Transcript/Official or Unofficial (not the diploma) or your GED with scores (not a copy of the certificate) and High School transcript for years attended.
- Your Driver’s License.
- A (non-refundable) check or money order only for $25.00 made payable to Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee. We will not accept cash payments; check or money orders only.
SOUTH FAYETTE TWP.
is seeking the following positions:
BUSINESS, COMPUTER, AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TEACHER (HIGH SCHOOL)
Positions available at the start of the 2023-2024 School Year
Complete job descriptions and directions on how to apply are available at:
Applications must be received by 4:00 PM March 17, 2023
POLICE CIVIL SERVICE
Applications are currently being accepted for the position of full-time Police Officer.
Applications are available at the Avalon Borough Police Department located in the rear of the Avalon Borough Building 640 California Avenue, Avalon, PA, 15202-2499
Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.or the Borough Administration Office at the main entrance, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Call 412-761-0353 with further questions.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE AVALON BOROUGH ADMINISTRATION OFFICE BY 4:00 P.M., MONDAY, MARCH 27, 2023.
Applicant must complete a mandatory written examination and physical agility test, oral examination, background check, credit check, medical and psychological examinations.
- Act 120 Certification is required
- Must be a high school graduate
- Must possess a valid driver’ license
- Must be age 21+ upon hire
A $25.00 non-refundable processing fee will be assessed at time of application is required.
Cash or money order only.
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
FULL TIME POLICE OFFICER – MUNHALL BOROUGH
Qualified persons are invited to apply to the Borough of Munhall Civil Service Commission to take competitive examinations leading to eligibility for appointment as Full-Time Patrol Officer in the Borough of Munhall Police Department.
An application can be obtained beginning March 6, 2023 at the Borough Building, first floor, 1 Raymond Bodnar Way, Munhall, PA 15120 between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
Completed applications must be returned by 3:30 pm, on Friday, March 31, 2023 along with a $50.00 non-refundable application fee payable to the Borough of Munhall. No applications will be accepted after this date
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, be a minimum of 21 years of age, must have successfully completed or in the process of completing Pennsylvania Act 120 Certification, required to live within twelve (12) air miles of the Munhall Borough building six (6) months after probation ends, a high school diploma or GED, possess a valid Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Driver’s license, and be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer as determined by the physical and psychological testing. Successful applicants must meet all other Civil Service requirements:
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Starting salary for 2023 is $52,741 (2023 top Patrolmen base salary is $86,557) with an excellent fringe benefit package including 2 weeks of paid vacation after 1 year of service maxing out at 6 weeks’ vacation, 12 sick days per year, 2 personal days after 1 year maxing out at 4 days, comprehensive Health Care package, Uniform allowance of $900.00 a year, longevity and holiday pay, minimum staffing of 2 Officers per shift.
TESTING DATE AND TIME: The physical agility test will begin at 9 am on April 11, 2023, and will be conducted at the Allegheny County Police Training Academy. The written test will begin immediately after the agility test.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
PART-TIME POLICE OFFICERS
CITY OF ALIQUIPPA
BEAVER COUNTY, PA
Qualified persons are invited to apply to the City of Aliquippa Civil Service Commission to take competitive examinations leading to eligibility for appointment as a Part-Time Police Officer in the City of Aliquippa Police Department, with opportunity of full-time. The hourly rate is currently $20.00 plus a uniform allowance. Applications may be obtained beginning Monday, March 6, 2023 by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the Aliquippa Police Department at 300 Franklin Ave. Aliquippa, Pa. 15001. The applications must be returned by mail or in person to: Samuel L. Gill, City Administrator, 581 Franklin Avenue, Aliquippa, PA 15001 by 3:00 pm March 20, 2023. During this application period, the customary application fee of $35.00 is being waived and applicants will incur no fees to apply.
Requirements: At the time of application applicants are required to be Act 120 certified or have successfully completed Act 120 Training with the State Exam successfully completed be date of conditional hire, have a high school diploma or GED, be a minimum of 18 years of age, hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, be a U.S. Citizen and be physically and mentally fit to perform duties of a police officer. Successful applicants must meet all other Civil Service requirements.
The City of Aliquippa is an Equal Opportunity Employer
MT. LEBANON, PA
POLICE OFFICER TESTING
MT. LEBANON POLICE DEPARTMENT will be conducting a physical agility and written exam for POLICE OFFICER on Saturday, March 25, 2023. Starting at $73,886 annually. Must be a U.S. citizen; 21 years of age at hire; bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university at hire; pass physical, written, oral exams plus a comprehensive background investigation.
Full test requirements, description and application may be obtained at https://mtlebanon.bamboohr.com/careers/147.
Deadline ending no later than 4:00 pm, March 16, 2023.
Mt. Lebanon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment based on competence, merit, performance, and business needs. We are committed to valuing the diversity of all individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Reasonable accommodations for the needs of otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities will be made upon request to the Human Resource Office at 412-343-3625 or email@example.com.
MT. LEBANON, PA
The Municipality of Mt. Lebanon will accept applications for the position of fire lieutenant beginning February 13, 2023. Deadline to submit an application, resume, certifications, and complete the on-line written exam will be May 12, 2023.
This is a lateral entry supervisory position requiring substantial fire service knowledge, skills, and background. Job responsibilities include supervision of volunteer staff, fire apparatus operation, fire suppression, fire prevention, public education, rescue operations, and hazardous material and emergency medical response. Starting salary is $76,310.00 with excellent benefits and pension. To review requirements and apply, go to https://mtlebanon.bamboohr.com/hiring/jobs/150.
Mt. Lebanon is an Equal
FULL TIME PERMANENT
Position with the Washington County Housing Authority. Candidates should have basic knowledge of building trades such as: basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, drywall and ability to use associated tools. Duties also include snow removal and grass cutting. This is a Union Position and travel within Washington County may be required. Candidates must pass a Drug Test and Physical, possess a valid Driver’s License, and have reliable transportation. Rate of pay: $18.57-$20.63/hour with Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, plus a Retirement Plan. Work Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Applications can be obtained at the Central Office: 100 Crumrine Tower, Franklin Street, Washington, PA 15301 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 1:00-4:30 p.m.
Stanley P. Shook,
Deputy Executive Director
An Equal Opportunity Employer
MANAGER – TRACK WAY
Pittsburgh Regional Transit is seeking a Manager – Track Way to manage plan, assign and direct activities of skilled and unskilled labor employees engaged in inspection and maintenance of light rail track. Analyze inspection and maintenance reports for corrective action. Maintain inspection files available for review by FTA or designated agency. Prepare and check estimates for labor, materials, supplies and equipment for various work projects involving track and way maintenance and construction.
Responsible for administrative activities, outside contracts, and capital project activities, as related to Authority light rail track and right-of ways, structures and support equipment. Investigate maintenance problems and initiate corrective action. Oversee, develop, and administer standardized programs designed to comply with applicable organizational policies and procedures.
- Directs and supervises assistant managers and supervisors of the Track Way Department.
- Manages all phases of the Track Way Department including maintenance and repair of all Track Way Department equipment, equipment maintenance and repair which includes light rail track, tunnels, sidewalks, busways, bridges, parking lots, hillsides, retaining walls and other structures.
- Researches and evaluates track maintenance products/practices to prevent premature rail and track infrastructure wear.
- Manages all activities associated with the daily scheduling of preventive maintenance and repair activities along the light rail system, busways, operating locations, office buildings and other Port Authority maintained areas.
- Maintains all operational structures at a high status of readiness and supplies immediate repair support under any emergency conditions.
Job requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate degree in Engineering or directly related field from an accredited school. Experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in rail/railcar/track maintenance and construction including a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with safety practices as they pertain to track systems and equipment including Knowledge of FRA Track Safety Standards Part 213 subpart A to G including Defect Codes.
- Knowledge of inspection, maintenance repair, installation, troubleshooting and testing of LRT track systems (e.g., roadbeds, grade crossings, ties, rails, frogs, replacement of track switches and embedded track) with the ability to diagnose corrective action necessary to repair track related problems.
- Knowledge of theory, construction, industry practices and principles of track and track maintenance equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand drawings, blueprints and specifications including the ability to comprehend sophisticated track blueprints and designs.
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to respond on a 24-hour basis.
- Customer focused, well organized and results oriented.
- Project Management Experience.
- Track Inspection Certification.
- Experience in track installation and maintenance.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
TO PLACE AN AD:
412-481-8302 Ext. 136
for copy, corrections, and cancellations: Friday
noon preceding Wednesday publication