MANAGER OF VEHICLE PROJECTS
Pittsburgh Regional Transit is seeking a Manager of Vehicle Projects to direct and coordinate support level bus procurement and technical support for Port Authority of Allegheny County d/b/a/ Pittsburgh Regional Transit (PRT)’s revenue vehicle bus fleet, and technical parts review under the general direction of the Deputy Chief Operations Officer – Maintenance.
- Coordinates and oversees all aspects of vehicle procurement for PRT transit bus vehicle fleets. Plans and coordinates with fleet maintenance on activities related to support of new vehicle procurement, as well as related parts contract specification technical review.
- Directs and supervises the daily activities of the Vehicle Project Coordinator and Quality Assurance and Contract Compliance Specialist.
- Assists in activities related to new bus procurement (i.e., specifications, vendor reviews, component testing, etc.) and works directly with the Deputy COO-Maintenance on bus procurement projects. Monitors plans for future procurements and service needs accordingly.
Job requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two-year Technical Degree or
Associate Degree in Business or related field. Directly related experience may be substituted for the education on a year-to-year basis.
- Minimum of five (5) years of maintenance experience with bus fleets and/or heavy automotive vehicles.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows.
- Customer-focused, well organized and results-oriented.
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- BA/BS degree in Business or directly related field from an accredited school.
- Knowledge of statistical processes control methods.
- Experience in managing maintenance of bus fleets or other fleets of heavy automotive vehicles and equipment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
AI RESEARCH ENGINEER II, NATURAL LANGUAGE ML
Duolingo, Inc. has multiple openings for AI Research Engineer II, Natural Language ML in Pittsburgh, PA to perform following duties: Identify
problems, prototype solutions, evaluate return on investment, & implement best solution at scale to improve lives of Duolingo users; Develop new applications of machine learning for natural language that improve Duolingo’s products; Design & build infrastructure, tools, & libraries to train, experiment, debug, & launch machine learning models at scale; Draft & disseminate scalable AI best practices including w/respect to benchmarking & comparative evaluations involving software frameworks & advanced & innovative hardware platforms; Provide expert guidance on topics involving AI & data; Participate in, or lead design reviews w/peers & stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies; Perform research w/respect to optimization of machine learning software & hardware performance; Write tests to validate system performance & compliance; Develop & deliver advanced training content for project briefings, seminars, workshops, & tutorials. Reqs: Master’s degree in Cognitive Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Machine Learning or related technical field & 2 yrs exp. w/Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning or alternatively Ph.D. in Cognitive Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Machine Learning or related technical field. Must have demonstration of AI published papers. Must have knowledge of: (1) C++ & Python; (2) Algorithms & Data Structures; (3) Machine Learning for Natural Language; (4) PyTorch; (5) Artificial Intelligence; (6) Machine Learning; (7) Problem Framing for AI. Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job No. 825 & title “AI Research Engineer II, Natural Language ML” in subject line.
The University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Social & Urban Research in Pittsburgh, PA, seeks a Financial Account Administrator. This is a hybrid office-based/work-from-home position that will provide financial research support infrastructure and training for original research in a few focused areas: including urban impact analysis, survey methodology, psychosocial aspects of aging and enhanced access to local and national policy-relevant data. Apply at https://www.join.pitt.edu, #23005524. Please upload a cover letter,curriculum vitae, and salary requirements. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity.
EOE, including disability/vets.
SOUTH FAYETTE TWP.
is seeking an
4:00 PM, August 14, 2023
Complete job description available at:
TO PLACE AN AD:
412-481-8302 Ext. 140
for copy, corrections, and cancellations: Friday
noon preceding Wednesday publication