Surprised? Man who filmed Freddie Gray’s arrest has now been arrested himself


Freddie Gray
Freddie Gray

BALTIMORE — There is a reason why the South Carolina man went into temporary hiding after he filmed North Charleston police officer Michael Slager shooting unarmed black man Walter Scott in the back five times as he ran away. That man later told the media he was in fear of police harassment and retribution.
His fears were substantiated this past week after the man who filmed the controversial and contentious arrest of Freddie Gray has now been arrested himself after officers posted his face on social media and told the public they were looking for him.
Kevin Moore, 30, said police tried to intimidate him after he came forward, according to, and was eventually arrested. He was later released without being charged with anything but he said the experience left him shaken.
What’s more is that the two others who were also arrested with Moore, who are identified as “Cop Watch” members Chad Jackson and Tony White, remained in custody as of Friday.
This sound eerily similar to Ramsey Orta, the man who captured the choking death of Eric Garner in the borough of Staten Island at the hands of the New York Police Department, and he was also later arrested on unrelated charges. Moore claimed he was in fear of police retaliation after he filmed the video, and said that police released his photo over the internet to intimidate him.
According to Heavy:
Moore spoke out after police released a surveillance photo of him and asked for the public’s help identifying him, saying he they wanted to question him about what he saw when Gray died. Moore told the [Baltimore] Sun he had already talked to police before the release of the photo, and that they knew who he was and only released the photo to intimidate him.
“What is so important that you have to plaster my picture over the Internet? I’ve already spoken,” Moore told the Sun. “How do you not know that picture is me?”
Moore has said that he and Gray were friends and they both lived in the Gilmor Homes. He has gone on record saying that police had Gray “folded up like a piece of origami” after his arrest on April 12. Gray later died in police custody from vicious injuries, including a nearly severed spine and crushed voice box.
As has been reported, six officers have now been arrested on multiple felony charges, including ranging from murder to manslaughter. All have posted bail and have been released.
Check out this video as Moore gives the breakdown on his perspective on Gray’s death in police custody, how police reacted to Moore after he filmed and posted the video, and the long history of alleged police brutality in Baltimore.
[ione_embed src= service=youtube width=560 height=315 type=iframe]
Source: YouTube and PINAC LIVE

About Post Author


From the Web

Skip to content